Biology is the science of life in all its forms referring to origin, growth, structure, etc. There are nine main fields with their own subdivisions within biology:
- Botany studies different types of plants.
- Ecology explores the way living organisms exist in their specific environment.
- Biochemistry examines the material that forms living things.
- Genetics deals with heredity.
- Physiology studies the functions of living organisms.
- Cellular biology examines the peculiarities of cellular items of living organisms.
- Zoology is the study focused on analyzing animals and their behavior.
- Evolutionary biology studies the origin and modifications during a live cycle.
- Molecular biology examines different types of biological molecules.
It should be admitted that the abovementioned fields are closely connected with each other. Therefore, it is impossible to study genetics, for example, if you are unaware of the basic aspects of evolutionary biology, physiology or cellular biology. Mind that one cannot handle the botany issues properly if they know nothing about biochemistry.
This paper, by reviewing a number of books, articles, and research papers on the relationship between avian sexual displays/courtship behaviors to their relative hormones, aims to describe the current status of affairs in this field, pointing the areas where future research may be needed. A Canadian scientist named Lisle Gibbs, who had been working on...